Friday, July 19, 2013

**Feature and Follow ~ #27**


Happy Friday and welcome to the Blog Hop! 

Feature & Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by the talented ladies behind AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee's View. The intent of this blog hop is to get out there and meet other bloggers and gain new followers yourself. What sets this blog hop apart is the Feature. Each week, two blogs are featured, one at AlisonCanRead and one at Parajunkee's View. So make sure to hop over to those blogs to check out this week's Features.

This week's Features are:
Guiltless Reader
There Were Books Involved

This week's question is: Where is your favorite place to read away from home?

I don't really have a particular spot I travel to away from home for reading. I read everywhere!! So I was to come up with a favorite place I've read while on vacation. And I managed to come with one.
A few years ago, my husband and I took a trip together to Washington. I LOVE Washington! We spent most of our time on the Olympic Peninsula. And my favorite place where I indulged in reading was Lake Quinault. The Inn at Lake Quinault has this huge lawn that slopes down to the lake. They have adirondack chairs scattered about for guests. I sat out there one afternoon and read for several hours - occasionally looking up to watch birds overhead. It was heavenly.

AND in about a week, we're going back as a family. We're all very excited! :)

What about y'all? Do y'all have a favorite place away from home to read?


21 comments:

  1. By a lake or any body of water is heavenly and my favorite, too. I've never been to Washington, but I imagine the northern weather was wonderful for outdoor-reading.

    Raina @ The LUV'NV
    New Bloglovin' follower. Old Twitter, FB, and GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really awesome place for a vacation! Hope your family trip is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful place to read! I'm like you, I can and do read anywhere. I'm an old GFC follower.
    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my kind of vacation! Have a great weekend Brandee!

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Traci! I hope your weekend was great! :)

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a great vacation. Have fun going back!

    Old follower. My FF:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/07/feature-follow-15-reading-spot.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Olympic Peninsula! I haven't spent any time reading there, hiking mostly. In the summer there are so many wild poppies, it's just the prettiest place. Are you already planning what books you're going to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did a lot of hiking when I was there last too, Robyn. But my hubby let me have an afternoon at the lake. :) And yes, I am lining up my books for the trip! :)

      Delete
  7. OOoh that sounds wonderful! Hope you have a good time!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds really relaxing. I hope you have fun on your return trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time! Thanks for visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I’m following thru from Parajunkie’s follow friday.
    Following you on Bloglovin, Facebook & Twitter!
    "Literary Quill Promotions"

    "Literary Quill Reviews"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! I'm hopping over to your place. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow! That sounds amazing! I have always wanted to visit Washington!!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great state, Jessica! :) Thanks for hopping over.

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??