Thursday, November 21, 2013

**Think Out Loud ~ #9 ~ Paying the Piper**



Welcome to Think Out Loud, a weekly meme hosted by Thinks Books. This is a meme where you can post about anything and everything you want...no rules! Make sure you link up over at Thinks Books, too. 

*****

So last week, I confessed that I'd done not much else other than read. Well, I have to say I've had a streak of good luck with my reads lately, and I've been devouring books. But you know what that means...the shopping list has grown, the dust bunnies are now hopping out of the corners, and I'm out of underwear! ;)

Today, the piper came calling. I spent the day grocery shopping, cleaning, and doing laundry. Ah, the glamorous life of a domestic goddess! :) Tomorrow, I'll be curled up by the fire reading a good book!

12 comments:

  1. Yes it is funny how we all have to pay the piper eventually. Check out my TOL here: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/11/think-out-loud-10viola-organista.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I know exactly how you feel! I get so caught up in a good book I just let everything go.
    Thanks for sharing, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL When the dust bunnies start attacking, I figure it's time to put the book down. :) But I've enjoyed reading today. Thanks, Andrea!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I wish I have gotten through my readings in a sweep of good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It is always nice to have a string of really good reads. :)

      Delete
  4. Dust bunnies and no undies. I certainly can relate. I have baskets of laundry waiting for me to sit down and get busy folding clothes. I'm not on my death bed with Will's stomach flu anymore, so I have no excuse other than plotting a run of awesome reads like you just experienced. Happy reading by that fire, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda thought you might understand where I was coming from, Robyn! LOL I'm glad you're feeling better and that Will is, too. I hope you get a string of wonderful reads...but if memory serves, you've read some great ones recently. :) I rewarded myself yesterday by starting a new book...and I actually DNF'd it. I think I've only done that one other time in my life! But it just wasn't for me.

      Hope your Friday was fabulous and that you have a grand weekend, Robyn!!

      Delete
  5. Aww man. I hate when I run out of underwear! LMAO! Great TOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like that all the time, lol. I don't know how my family puts up with me. ;) I'm either reading or blogging, and the dishes and laundry are just piling up. Then my husband ends up doing it on the weekend with a huff, lol!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one whose hubby ends up doing things...in a huff! :)

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??