Sunday, March 9, 2014

**A Playlist for Life ~ March**

My pal, Robyn, over at robgirlbooks, has issued a challenge. She wants us to come up with a song - one a month - that we turn to when life is getting us down...when we need a pick-me-up...the song we turn to when trying to get motivated for cleaning the house...the song we hear when we need inspiration...well, you get the picture. :) At the end of the year, we'll have quite the playlist for life!

This month, the theme is 'musical'. 

My choice is:


Sky's choice:


In case you were curious about how I spend my Saturdays ;), this is an example, on a grand stage, of what my girls do every weekend during winter. Sky plays bells and chimes in the 'pit', which is where the marimbas, xylophones, etc., are located. Berk is on winter guard/color guard, which are the people dancing and throwing flags and rifles. The difference, right now, is that my girls perform separately as a percussion ensemble and a winter guard. But they aspire to perform in drum corps one day. :)

Berk's choice:



Jax's choice:




What are some of your favorite songs from musicals?

7 comments:

  1. That's a neat prompt. I should take a look and figure out what I gravitate to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! The Wicked song made me want to go to a live musical. I haven't been in years! Sky's choice was amazing. I can't believe your girls do that. You know the xylophone was my arch enemy in middle school/junior high, same with any instrument that wasn't the triangle. I know of Urinetown because a friend from school was in it. And pick anything from Shrek and I'm smiling! This was so much fun! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! For Sky's 8th birthday, I took her to Chicago, just the 2 of us, to see the King Tut exhibit. And we went to see Wicked at The Oriental Theater. It was so amazing! I went again here in Denver. :) You make me giggle over your xylophone. Sky has worked so hard to play - using 4 mallets - she has ugly calluses on her fingers from it. They started off as blisters...weeks and weeks of blisters. Yuck! You know her main instrument is the sax. :) The high school did a production of Urinetown last year, and Berk fell in love. :) Hope you're enjoying your week!

      Delete
  3. Those are great pick-me-ups! I really want to see Wicked - even my husband does, lol. I wish my high school marching band had a color guard. I totally would have been in it! Our band teacher always said we didn't' have one because then no one would want to be in the actual band. We're a very small school, so he's probably right. ;) I can't wait to spend my weekends watching Janie in band! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Wicked is amazing! I've seen it twice! *ha* It's funny - we have trouble recruiting for color guard here. All the girls want to be on the Poms! :) It is pretty fun watching them compete - even if it does take up a lot of time! *haha*

      Delete
  4. That is one great selection. I enjoy all of those songs a whole lot. I saw Urinetown in high school and really fell in love with the song. I performed Hallelujah in my high school choir. I saw Wicked in high school too and I love the whole freaking musical! What a fantastic idea and great choices!!! Les Mis is pretty freaking awesome too. That's a great thing to do on the weekends! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??