Thursday, March 20, 2014

**Feature & Follow ~ #45**


Happy Friday and welcome to the Blog Hop! 

Feature & Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by the talented ladies behind AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee's View. The intent of this blog hop is to get out there and meet other bloggers and gain new followers yourself. What sets this blog hop apart is the Feature. Each week, two blogs are featured, one at AlisonCanRead and one at Parajunkee's View. So make sure to hop over to those blogs to check out this week's Features.


This week's Features are:
Fathomless Reveries
My Midnight Fantasies


This week's question is:
How have your reading habits changed in the last few years? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.

I've always been a reader. But prior to reading Twilight, I read mostly literary fiction. Since reading Twilight, I have broadened my reading horizons greatly. And I read so much more. I find that I do tend to primarily stick with one genre for long periods of time...then I switch. If you could see me reading journals, you'd see just how much paranormal and urban fantasy I read following Twilight. :) As for reading more, I think I'm able to read more now that my kiddos are older. Ah, the perks of sitting in the car during music lessons. *haha*

What about you? Have your reading habits changed much over the last few years?

17 comments:

  1. Old follower. :)

    I, too, have been known to stick with a genre for months until I am just absolutely sick of it. :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight was my launch to this side of reading too. So car reading, huh? I imagine trying to read in the same space as band practice can have the power to scramble the words and your brain. Happy Friday, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Twilight mentioned quite a few times today.
    Reading in the car? Yeah, I read in the car everyday while I wait for my daughter to get out of school. (Half an hour of uninterrupted time - that is, if no parents stop to chat).

    Thanks for stopping by Brandee. Have a great weekend. :)
    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old follower!

    It seems like Twilight and the variety of genres we open up to due to book blogging is the theme of the day! :D Me, too! :D

    Tiffany @ A_TiffyFit's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a parnormal reader myself! Although, trying to find one of those in YA as a teen was nearly impossible! Heck by the time Twilight came out I ignored it. Should've stayed that way, but read it I did.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bad habit of devouring so many books in one genre so quickly that I get burned out. I try to switch it up so I'm not reading the same genre ALL the time. The burnout feeling is never good.

    Jessica @ Tales Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could stick to one genre at a time! I will catch myself reading two or three books all from different genres. Since most of my reading takes place before bed, it makes for some strange dreams! Thanks for stopping by my FF. Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I go back and forth with literary fiction. Right now, I'd like to read more of it.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I definitely do what you do too - read a string of books from one genre before switching. After the Hunger Games, I read a bucketload of dystopian books. Then after Fangirl, I'm currently in a contemporary YA phase :D Happy Friday!

    My FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. I go back and forth through different genres depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, Twilight also changed my reading patterns :) It opened up the whole of the YA genre and I haven't looked back since!

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah Twilight had the same affect on me, it got me reading again. When I read Twilight I went on a paranormal craze, and it took me a while to branch out into other genres.

    New follower on bloglovin =)

    My FF
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through... You have a wonderful blog. New follower via BL!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twilight was the book that got me reading more, too! I used to really like books in the mystery and paranormal genres, but now I think I prefer contemporary romance more. I'm still trying to be more open to other genres, though! Have a great weekend! :)

    New follower via GFC
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that we're all branching out to genres that are new to us :) Twilight got me back into reading so it is a good gateway book heh. Thanks for stopping by. Current follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping thru...thanks for following...following back via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??