Saturday, March 15, 2014

**Georgina Read-a-Thon ~ Succubus Blues**


I'm participating in the Georgina Kincaid Read-a-Thon because I LOVE THIS SERIES!! Seth Mortensen was my very first book boyfriend aside from Mr. Darcy. I found Richelle Mead shortly after reading the Twilight Saga, and while I was waiting on the next VA book, I became even more entranced with Georgie's series.

I decided to share some quotes from the scenes in Succubus Blues, the first book of the series, where Georgina and Seth first meet. It sets the tone for the book, I think. 

Scene setup - Georgina works at Emerald City Bookstore. Georgina's favorite author in the whole world is Seth Mortensen. Seth is doing a signing at the bookstore. And because he doesn't have an author photo in his books, Georgina has no idea what Seth looks like.


***

"He's not our touring for altruism. He's out touring because the publicists at his publishing house are making him tour," I countered. "Which is also a waste of time, by the way."

He dared a look back at me. "Touring is? You don't want to meet him?"

"I - well, yes, of course I do. It's just, that...okay. Look, don't get me wrong. I worship the ground this guy walks on. I'm excited to meet  him tonight. I'm dying to meet him tonight. If he wanted to carry me off and make me his love slave, I'd do it, so long as I got advance copies of his books. But this touring thing...it takes time. Time that would be better spent writing the next book. I mean, haven't you see how long his books take to come out?"

"Yeah, I've noticed."

...

"Image goes a long way in this business."

He dared a look over at me, still nervous but steadily recovering his composure. "I go more for content."

"Really?" I repositioned slightly so that we were touching again, the soft flannel of his shirt brushing my bare skin. "Because I could have sworn a moment ago you were pretty caught up in outside appearance."

His eyes shifted down again, but I could see a smile curving his lips. "Well. Some things are so striking, they can't help but draw attention to themselves."

"And doesn't that make you curious about what's inside?"

"Mostly it makes me want to get you some advanced copies."

***

And that's how Georgina met Seth. :) 

If y'all haven't read this series yet, I can't recommend it enough. It's humorous and poignant, has lots of supernaturals, some HOT guys, and it's a lot of fun.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I wish I'd had time to join this read-a-thon, bc I do want to read this series. And I love the quotes you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the quotes, Andrea. And I do hope you get to read Georgina sometime. You'd love her wit and snark! ;)

      Delete
  2. Also doing the read-a-thon and I love this series too! Seth is SO wonderful! Great quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva! I'm glad you're enjoying the series!

      Delete
  3. I'm still reading the first book and am loving it!! I'd already have it finished, but I didn't get my review books finished in time. My reading schedule is all screwed up, lol. I love Georgina, and again, if not for blogger friends like you and Nereyda, I probably wouldn't have given this series a second glance but am so glad I'm reading it. I adore Georgina - she's so witty and likeable right from the start. I flew through the first 100 pages! Next week we're going on vacay, and I'm planning on doing a lot of catching up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ha* This is one series I've actually finished. Unfortunately, I don't have time to re-read but I thought I'd share quotes and what I liked about each one. :) I am sooo glad you're enjoying it though. And hey, what are book-loving friends for if not to get you addicted to many more books?!? ;)

      Delete
  4. AHHH!! Thank you for sharing the Read-A-Thon info!! Seth is just amazing. And I love Georgina so much.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??