Tuesday, March 4, 2014

**Review ~ Eyes Wide Open ~ Raine Miller**


Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair, #3)

Eyes Wide Open by Raine Miller
The Blackstone Affair #3
Release Date: May 14, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased on Amazon
Rating: 4 Bookworms

Synopsis
The third part in The Blackstone Affair series: A love on the brink of being destroyed. The fight of a lifetime to keep it alive.
Big surprises are on the horizon for Ethan and Brynne as they struggle to adjust to what life has thrown at them. Demons from the past are threatening to destroy the passionate bond they’ve forged despite their vow that nothing will ever keep them apart. A truly devastating loss coupled with the promise of a new hope opens their eyes to what is most important, but is it possible for the lovers to move on from the painful histories that continue to haunt them? A stalker is still lurking in the shadows, plotting evil amidst the distraction of the 2012 Olympic games in London. Brynne and Ethan are on the cusp of losing everything as the stakes rise. Will they yield to circumstances beyond their control or will they give every ounce of fight they have left to save each other and win the ultimate prize of a life together?
Eyes Wide Open is a passion-wrought story that shows us what pure love can achieve when tested and what the heart can accomplish despite danger and adversity.



I've been intending to read Eyes Wide Open since it's release but hadn't yet. When Rare and Precious Things, the fourth book in the series, came up for review, I decided this was the perfect time to catch up on this series.

Reading Raine Miller is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love how she makes me feel the powerful emotions between Brynne and Ethan. I admire her writing style and ability to impart so much about them, their pasts, their families, etc., while having them spend so much steamy time in the bedroom. Truly, Brynne and Ethan spend A LOT of time shagging yet I still feel as though I know them so well.

Eyes Wide Open continues Brynne and Ethan's story. Ethan is still busy making preparations for the royal family's security during the upcoming Olympics. He's also working at ensuring Brynne's safety. He and his team are still no closer to figuring out who's threatening Brynne, so Ethan formulates a few plans to ensure she's safe. Certain things come to light which enable him to move forward with all his plans, where Brynne is concerned, a little more quickly and easily.

Ethan and Brynne have to face a few tragedies before they can breathe easy about their future. I liked the tension that Brynne's stalker added to the story but I must admit that I'd figured out the mystery and felt the conclusion to that part of the storyline was a bit anticlimactic. But that's okay because the real story was the love story. And it's an epic one.

What I most enjoy about this series is that both Brynne and Ethan are strong people but they each have their weaknesses - their vulnerabilities. Together though, they make each other stronger and whole. That's a beautiful thing to witness.


4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this has to be a conspiracy, Brandee! It seems like you are really trying hard to make my Mt. TBR bigger than yours this week! All your reviews have me clicking those books, and hey, of course, this is part of a series, so I need to make sure I add book one and two to my TBR as well, right?

    I hope you're having a great week, my dear. *big hugs*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no dear, I believe you've added just as many, if not more, to mine! :) This is a great series though.

      **HUGS**

      Delete
  2. *Sighs* yeah, your review of book 3 already 'made' me add this series to my TBR, and Eyes Wide Open sounds just as awesome :) When will we get to that island, Brandee? *HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??