Saturday, March 15, 2014

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #35 ~ Pluck of the Irish**



Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type

• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment


**********************************
March's themes revolve around the Oscars and St. Patrick's Day. Since St. Patrick's Day is Monday, I decided to use that as my theme this week. However, I've had a difficult time choosing a sidekick.  

My theme is Pluck of the Irish 


My choice of character: 
Dani O'Malley
from Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series


I very much admire Dani. She's had a hard time in her short life - her mother left her, she was recognized as a sidhe seer, she has amazing strength and speed, and she's been made to do cruel and despicable things. She's seen and done things no child (Dani is 13-14) should see. Yet she still sees things through a child's eyes - with wonder and amazement. She even nicknamed herself the "Mega". Dani is witty, always has a snarky comment. This girl has pluck!

***

"I don't have to do something original, I am original." - Bloodfever

"You suck."
I laughed. "Love you, too, Dani."
She grinned. "I saved you."
"Big-time. And I owe you big-time."
"You can pay be back by telling me about sex." - Dani & Mac, Dreamfever

"Just saying, things ain't always bad just 'cause you don't understand 'em or ain't like 'em. That's like thinking anybody who's smarter or faster is dangerous just 'cause they got more brains or quicker feet. Ain't fair. Peeps can't help how they're born." - Shadowfever

"With the Book hitching rides, hiding on people, guess we're all going to be dressing like skanks for a while, huh? Skintight or skin. Dude, everybody's everything's gonna be hanging out, and some o' those fat chicks at the abbey are gonna gross my eyeballs right outta my head. Muffin tops and camel toes, gah!" - Shadowfever

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I've heard of Dani from the Fever Series. Doesn't she swear like a sailor? (which means I like her already) The St. Patty's theme threw me for a loop last year and I caved and went with movies. This one is hard! I hope you're having a great weekend. I just finished Panic and loved it so much! Are there any red heads in that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robyn, Dani is EXACTLY your type of heroine. You'll love her potty mouth!! *ha* This theme is extremely hard. I might have to go back to the Oscars next week. :) I can't wait to read your review of Panic and I'm so glad you loved it!! Was Ford's pet a red head?!? *hahaha*

      Delete
  2. Dani sure has pluck! She is so totally awesome. What a great choice for your sidekick showcase :)

    I haven't been able to come up with any good sidekicks lately. *BIG HUGS*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexxie. I've been having trouble with this month's theme as well. I'm glad you liked this one. Let's see if I can do as well next week. ;)

      **BIG HUGS**

      Delete
  3. Dani is an awesome pick Brandee! Some of the things that come out of that girl's mouth *shaking my head* But she's one of my favorite characters in the Fever series and I'm so glad she has her own. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Traci!! I know, right?!? It's one of the things I love about her. ;) Have you read Iced? I can't remember... If so, what did you think? I think it took me awhile to get through it but I loved it. (I think all KMM's books take me awhile because I have to take copious notes *ha*) Hope you've had a great week, dear!

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??