Saturday, January 31, 2015

#COYER Review ~ Daimon ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)Daimon
Covenant Series #0.5
Release Date:
Genre:

Source:
Rating:

Synopsis
"Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing 'I smite thee!' as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life." For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals--pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty. According to her mother, that's a good thing. But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way tack to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return-the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death... because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. The daimons have found her.




Daimon was a nice introduction to Alex and her life outside the Covenant. We find out she's living in the mortal world, how things have been for her and background information on the world she left. We also get the details of the events that lead her back to the Covenant in Half-Blood.

FYI, I'm writing this review after having finished Half-Blood. While I enjoyed the extra details Daimon added to Alex's story, it isn't absolutely necessary to read it. However, it will really whet your appetite for the story - as it did for me. And it was nice to know a little more about things - the finer details - when reading Half-Blood. I immediately dove into Half-Blood upon finishing Daimon.



3 comments:

  1. With most of JLA her prequels I find that mostly they exists to make you excited for the first book, but aren't totally necessary. More like a first glimpse of the world and characters, but it's still fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure if(when) I read Half Blood, I will be reading this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurve this series, LOL. It and Lux were my introduction to JLA, and both remain my favorites. BUT . . . I still haven't finished either of them o.O I stopped at book 3, waiting for the series to conclude, and then . . . *shrugs* But I will. Eventually. Thanks for the reminder ;) I'm glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??