Tuesday, August 18, 2015

#ShelfLove ~ Best Bookish Gifts


This month, we're discussing Best Bookish Gifts! Oh-hohoho...a topic I could wax poetic about. ;) 

Let's see...for baby/children's gifts, I prefer to give a book with a matching stuffed animal. Pat the Bunny is always good. I also really like Skippy Jon Jones and anything from Mo Willems. Also great picture books: Giraffes Can't Dance, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, The Day the Colors Quit, and The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear, and Stella Luna.

For young readers I like to give classics like Where the Red Fern Grows OR start them on a new series and I always include a book mark.

For teens, I try to pick from books and/or authors I've read. Sarah Dessen, Gayle Forman, and John Green are good for realistic fiction. For Paranormal or Fantasy I'd pick Richelle Mead, Taherah Mafi, Maggie Stiefvater...just to name a few.

There are so, so many bookish types of gifts to give family and friends. Etsy is a great source when you're looking for something unique. I like giving books as gifts, obviously, but when I know a person loves a particular book or author, something like a coffee mug or a piece of jewelry, or even a t-shirt with a quote or something, make a great present.

I was trying to think of the best bookish gift I've ever been given and it's so hard to pick ONE thing. But I've come up with two...my hubs gave me a leather-bound edition of Jane Austen's collected works and it's something I adore. And a friend of mine gave me The Library by Sarah Stewart and it's a gift I treasure. It even has a place of prominence on one of my bookshelves. :)

So what about y'all? Do you give bookish gifts? And what are your favorites?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??