Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Review ~ On My Knees ~ J Kenner #COYER, #ShelfLove

On My Knees (Stark International Trilogy, #2)On My Knees by J Kenner
Stark International Trilogy #2
Release Date: June 23, 2015
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Source: Purchased paperback
Rating: 4 Bookworms

Goodreads

Synopsis
I never thought I'd lose control, but his desire took me right to the edge.

Powerful, ambitious, and devastatingly sexy, Jackson Steele was unlike any other man I'd ever known. He went after what he wanted with his whole mind, body, and soul--and I was the woman in his sights. One touch and I surrendered, one night together and I was undone.

Jackson and I had secrets, dark pieces of our pass that threaten to swallow us both. We couldn't outrun our demons, or the people trying to tear us apart. But in our passion we found salvation, and in each other's arms we found release.

I was scared to trust Jackson fully, to finally let go. Yet no matter the dangers that lay ahead, I knew I was his--and now that we've laid claim, there's no more holding back.



On My Knees is a nice bridge between the first installment and what promises to be an exciting conclusion to Sylvia and Jackson's story.

Sylvia and Jackson are still finding their way as a couple. That outside forces, as well as secrets they're holding onto make that a challenge. Then there are the clues dropped as to the identity of the saboteur - the person trying to prevent the resort that Sylvia and Jackson are building together for Stark International, from getting off the ground. It all made for an exciting read.

Sylvia seems to waffle about their relationship at times - not sure of her own strength. This irritated me and I was glad she eventually seemed to realize that things weren't going to always be smooth sailing for them but that she is strong enough to weather it.

I'm happy that their secrets are out in the open now. It was upsetting that circumstances made this happen rather than them just coming clean but it made their foundation stronger, I think. I wasn't surprised by Jackson's secret - at least part of it. But then Kenner is keeping me in the dark about so much else.

This is an erotic romance, so there is, of course, lots of steam. One thing I like is that Kenner conveys how Sylvia's giving of herself and her trust to Jackson really does help her overcome parts of her past.

Kenner does well with incorporating a strong supporting cast. They add depth to the story and to Sylvia and Jackson as well. A lot happens and there's much more to come as the story wraps up. I'm thrilled I have the conclusion already lined up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??