Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #31


My pick this week comes from:

Confess by Colleen Hoover


I'm participating in the read-along with Chapter Break this month. I've only read chapters 1-6 so far...cried in the prologue. Yeah, Colleen Hoover does that to me. 

These few scenes (I pieced them together) are kinda funny though. See what y'all think...

"Do they have cheese sticks?" she asks.
I'm not sure if they have cheese sticks, but I'll say anything at this point just to spend a few more minutes with her. "The best in town."

...

Me: I'm coming for a drink. Do you serve cheese sticks?
Harrison: Nope.
Me: Do me a favor. When I order cheese sticks, don't say you don't serve them. Just say you ran out.
Harrison: Okay. Random request, but whatever.

...


"Bring us two Jack and Cokes," he says. "And an order of cheese sticks."
Harrison taps the bar with this fist and says, "Coming right up." He begins to turn around but quickly faces Owen again. "Oh, we're all out of cheese sticks. Travesty. Cheese fries okay?"
I try not to frown, but I was really looking forward to cheese sticks. Owen looks at me and I not. "Sounds good," I say.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??