Thursday, March 3, 2016

That's What HE Said #54 ~ Thirsty Thursdays & Hungry Hearts #35



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Sultry with a Twist by Macy Beckett

***

"You. All in. I want to give you my name." He knelt at her feet, pressing his palm against her belly. "And my children. The land, the house--you can have it all--it doesn't mean shit if you're not there to share it with me. I'll bet we can even talk Burl into retiring early if you want to buy Shooters. We belong together, Junebug. Tell me what I have to do to make that happen. I'll do anything you want."


*~*~*~*~*~*


As I'm originally from Texas, this is one of my favorite breakfasts - especially with homemade salsa. But I think Huevos Rancheros is a dish most would like. And I've always heard it said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. ;)

She'd never made salsa from scratch before, let alone using freshly plucked garden chilies and tomatoes, but if the spicy, mouthwatering scent was any indication, she'd done a halfway decent job on her first try. She sprinkled a pinch of chopped cilantro into the bowl and dumped the mixture into a saucepan to let it simmer in a little olive oil.
She'd resolved to teach Luke how to love, and nothing said I love you like breakfast in bed--huevos rancheros, his favorite. It had taken some epic guilt-tripping for Gram to convince Luke to spend the night, and June didn't intend to waste this rare opportunity.
While the salsa bubbled, she coated Gram's skillet in butter and heated a flour tortilla for two minutes on each side, then slid the lightly browned flatbread onto a warming plate in the oven. After adding another hefty pat of butter to the skillet, she fried three eggs over easy, the way Luke had always liked them. She ladled some steaming salsa onto a plate, topped it with the warm tortilla, then added three flawlessly fried eggs. Another spoonful of sauce and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar, and the dish was complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??