Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Post #17 - #NaNoWriMo & Update

Sunday Post

As y'all probably all know, the Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share my news from the week whether it be book, blog, or just life news. Since I read so many of your Sunday Posts and I wanted to add something new in 2016, I've decided to join in the fun!


***

Well, it's the end of November. 2016 is rapidly coming to a close and I can't believe how quickly this year seems to have gone by! Like it has somewhere else to be! I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate, and if you don't, I hope your week went smoothly. Hubs, Berk and Jax had the whole week off and Sky came home on Wednesday night for the short break. We enjoyed having everyone home and our nephew came down (he lives a little over an hour north of us) for Thanksgiving day. This week is only semi-normal as I'm heading to Texas while James and the kids go to Phoenix for a drum corps audition camp. I suppose the remainder of the year will run similarly so it's as "normal" as it's going to get.

It's been over a month since I posted and there's lots to catch up on. Primarily I've spent this month participating in NaNoWriMo. As of this posting, I'm at 44106 words with most of 4 days left to complete my novel. Easily doable and I'll be reaching my personal goal of completing my novel in 2016! Woohoo! 

As for reading, I've listened to more than I've actually read lately. Currently, I'm listening to Spin by CD Reiss and Hunting Season by Shelly Laurenston. And I'm reading With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent, which has been sitting on my shelf, signed, since May of 2013 when I first met Rachel. I've let it languish because I hated to say goodbye to these characters but I'm enjoying the book. :) I finished up my #OctobeRecFest strong with 14 recs. I read some great books and I'm grateful to YOU for adding so many wonderful books to my TBR list. ;) I'm working at #TravelingtotheTerminus but haven't read too many so far - only 6. Again, NaNoWriMo is my priority so I don't have as much time for reading. 

I sincerely apologize for not getting by to visit everyone with any regularity. I thought I could do it with a schedule but when the creative juices are flowing, you have to go with it. So writing has taken precedence over most things. I'll be back in December. AND I'm having a holiday raffle for y'all.


Tell me about y'all's week. Was it a good one? Here's to hoping December flies in with holiday cheer and great reads!! :D


***


Bookworm BrandeeBlogger ShameNew Release Challenge 2016 - (un)Conventional Bookviews2016HWLogoButtonBlog Ahead 2016-Oct

Challenge Updates
I'm continuing to plug away at some of my challenges. Here's how I'm doing by the numbers:

#ShelfLove - 67
Blogger Shame - 11 
New Release - 52
Goodreads - 137
#2016HW - 8 (I've given up on this challenge!)







I've been working at a list of series that I need to catch up on... y'all, I'm up to 122!! Traveling to the Terminus may be an ongoing project in 2017. ;) I've read 6 books so far towards my challenge.

How are y'all doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??