Thursday, January 5, 2017

That's What HE Said #72 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #54



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Alex by Sawyer Bennett

***

"You're a force, Sutton. I felt it from the moment I laid eyes on you when I walked into the crisis center. You just radiate this--I don't know what to call it--but it's like a confidence I've never seen before. You love life. It's a little intimidating, but it attracts me all the same."
...
"Because you turned your life around. You had a shitty start and yet you conquered your past. You used it to give you strength and resilience, and you in turn give others strength and resilience. You make me look at things differently, and apparently I've found some joy for things that I thought were long dead and buried for me."

*~*~*~*~*~*


"But let's get some dessert first, then I'll tell you all about it."
"No, thanks," she says just before wiping her mouth and then putting her napkin on her plate.
"No, thanks?" I say with an eyebrow cocked at her. "This is Cafe Lina. They make your favorite dessert--chocolate ten-layer cake."
"I know but you're always plying me with chocolate. I'm going to look like a hippo if you don't stop."
An image comes to my mind of Sutton pregnant, her tummy round and her walk bordering on a waddle. It's something I've been thinking about a lot lately, and I hope she wants more than one kid. But no time to think of that now. I have to get Sutton back on track with my plans today.
"Baby," I say as I lean in close to her ear, my voice dropping low so the waitress can't hear me. "One slice of your favorite dessert in the world isn't going to kill you. Besides, I"ll help you work it off tonight. You can be on top." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??