Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hmm, 50 Shades AND Mr. Darcy?!?

50 Shades of Mr. Darcy
William Codpiece Thwackery
Received from Publisher via NetGalley

I picked this book for a bit of frivolity. As a fan of both Fifty Shades and Pride & Prejudice, I thought this parody of both might fit the bill. It was a novel idea and the author did a nice job of melding the two novels together. It was interesting to see both Elizabeth’s and Mr. Darcy’s thoughts as viewed through the minds of Ana and Christian. It was fun to see the author poke fun at Fifty Shades’ use of “literary devices” and readers’ restlessness over the slow plodding of the plot. I also appreciated the references to pop culture (albeit 80’s pop culture). It was a fun read but not necessarily my cup of tea. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??