Thursday, January 8, 2015

**When Life's Kicking Your Butt, How About a Theme Song?**


It's a new year! There are new challenges and resolutions and chances to kick your butt into gear. I'm sure many of you use music to motivate. I know I do! Once again, my pal, Robyn, over @robgirlbooks, has us creating a soundtrack for our lives. She will give us a theme every month and we post songs that fulfill that theme as it applies to us. Then at the end of the year, we'll have a playlist!

The playlist for 2014 can be found here (youtube link) if you're interested. I enjoyed sharing my family's musical tastes with y'all and I enjoyed being introduced to some new music. I'm looking forward to doing it again for 2015!


***

This month's theme is... any song that you rock out to. So I asked my family which song they listen to when they need to get going, power through something...  I hope our choices!


My Picks
I believe I've said before that I'm a huge Foo Fighters fan!





James' Pick





Sky's Pick




Berk's Pick




Jax's Pick



16 comments:

  1. When life's kicking my butt, I turn up the volume and blast Patrick Wolf's Magic Position. Always lifts me up.

    If you haven't heard Magic Position, you can check it out here on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFI9s6INJPQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to listen to some more Foo Fighters before we're rooming in May, so I can sing along with you :D I listen to so much different music, Brandee. Maybe I'll do this meme this year... Is it supposed to go up on Thursdays?
    I love that you've included music from everyone in your family :) *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. When life kicks my butt I read a book, so I don't know what song would go with it. I don't listen to a lot of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am digging Sky's pick, love FOB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your song, EJ!! It's cool! And I'd never heard of it. It has an 80's vibe, which I love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be awesome, Lexxie! I listen to a wide variety of music, too. Something else for us to discuss. ;) You can post for this meme whenever you want - just sometime during the month. :) Easy-peasy. I'm glad you like my family's choices. We all like music and listen to different things. Sky likes a Norwegian rock band! ;) **BIG HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I do that too, Stormi. Foo Fighters helps me get out of bed in the morning. And they help me make it that extra mile on the treadmill though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lot of fun, Lark!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I'll tell her, Braine. She's kind of a fanatic! ;) And she's turning Jax into one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I'm I'm down and need a pick me up I listen to Settlin' by Sugarland.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJh-aMMpJ0

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the songs! It's so cool the whole family jumps in with their picks! I'm watching the Cowboys vs. Packers right now. What a game! You know I love it when there's a loose ball and they pile up on it like total crazies! Thanks for more music to rock out to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea! I was a big Prince fan back in the 80's so something like When Doves Cry or Little Red Corvette gets me going. More recently probably anything by Pink. I can't even think of names of her songs off hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are welcome!

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. HUGE Foo Fighters, Rage, and Green Day fan right here! Great picks!! :D Those songs get me PUMPED, lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks. I enjoy Foo Fighters older stuff so awesome choice on that one. A Star is Born is such a perfect song to get going and feeling energized. I am a music weirdo because songs that get me going one day don't always get me going. I think I would have to pick Applause by Lady Gaga for this month. I watched the hamsters from that commercial exercise to that song so I always feel like go go going when i read that song.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??