Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Beyond the Books ~ Christmas Traditions


Welcome to Beyond the Books. This post was inspired by Lexxie @Unconventional BookviewsUp Close and (un)Conventional, who was inspired by Cuddlebuggery. It's meant to be a way for y'all to get to know me better on a personal level ~ Beyond the Books. ;)


*************

I don't know how it happened, but Christmas is almost here! With that in mind, I thought I'd share a few of my family's Christmas traditions with y'all. :)
  • Every year, we buy a living Christmas tree to decorate. And then, once the ground has thawed enough we can dig, we plant it on our property. 
  • When the kids have a moment to breathe from school responsibilities, we turn on Christmas music and decorate the tree and the house.
  • Every night leading up to Christmas, we watch a holiday-themed movie as a family. This year, we added Gremlins to our collection.
  • I make certain Christmas cookies and treats, but my kiddos spend a day in the kitchen making cutout cookies together. It's one of our favorite events - it's so much fun to listen to our kids laugh, talk, and have fun together making one of their favorite Christmas goodies.
  • On Christmas Eve, we eat pizza for dinner. We used to make our own, but now we're lazy and get Papa Murphy's. After dinner, we go to Christmas Eve service at church. Once we're home from that, the kids put out cookies for Santa and go to bed while Hubs and I watch Christmas Vacation before bed.
  • On Christmas morning, we wake up the kids (yes, they sleep in now) and they come see what Santa brought. Then we eat breakfast (I always make a casserole) before opening all the gifts from family.
  • We eat ham loaf and homemade mac-n-cheese for Christmas dinner. :D

What about y'all? Do y'all have any special Christmas traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??