Thursday, December 31, 2015

That's What HE Said #48 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #27



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Twist by Dannika Dark


***

"I am announcing my intent to court Silver."
...
"Obviously, I don't have your blessing, nor do I seek it. I'm not asking your permission, so there is no need for the drama. I't smy right to court whomever I wish. If there are other suitors, they can challenge me for the right of free competition; I will accept that challenge whenever it is given."

Logan doesn't say this specifically to Silver, as he's declaring himself in front of her Ghuardian, Justus, and two other would-be suitors. But I love how he made a statement about her and his intentions toward her.


*~*~*~*~*~*



"Why can't you hand me the donut?"
 "To you it may seem insignificant, but to the Chitah, it's a sign of trust. There's a lot you don't know about my kind, Silver. We have different customs, and what may seem like a simple gesture to you, holds meaning to us. I want you to trust me. I want you to see me as something more than I am. I want you to eat from my hand."
I know what he meant, but behind all those words the only thing I heard him say was, "I want you."
Logan's eyes widened when I let him feed me--sugar coating my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??