Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Beyond the Books ~ Me & My Pal, Fitbit


Welcome to Beyond the Books. This post was inspired by Lexxie @Unconventional BookviewsUp Close and (Un)conventional, who was inspired by Cuddlebuggery. It's meant to be a way for y'all to get to know me better on a personal level ~ Beyond the Books. ;)



*************
Y'all. I'm such a dork. I'm completely gaga over my new friend, Fitbit! My hubs got it for me for Christmas and I had no idea it'd be such motivator for me.

I really work at getting in my 10000 steps daily because I don't want to let Fitbit down. Plus, I really enjoy the fireworks when I reach my daily goal! ;) I also adore getting my Overachiever notices when I go above and beyond. I even earned my March of the Penguins badge in January, meaning I'd walked over 75000 steps! It made me exorbitantly happy. 

I keep wondering if Fitbit will zap me when I'm being particularly lazy - like last week when I didn't have/make time to get my daily exercise in. I fully expected Fitbit to send me a message saying something along the lines of "You did so well last week...what happened to make you a lazy ass?!?" 

I like it when I can Fitbit 'smile' at me - like when I've gotten in all my water for the day or I've had enough sleep (that one rarely happens). And it's so neat that Fitbit knows if I ran or was on the elliptical for my exercise. (It's just too bad reading doesn't burn many calories!)

I never thought I'd be so into or motivated by something I wear on my wrist. But I love it. LOVE. IT.

Do y'all have a friend named Fitbit? Or do you use something else? What motivates you to get up and move??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??