Thursday, April 14, 2016

That's What HE Said #59 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #40



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

I'm re-reading this one and falling for Max and Nina all over again. Here, Max is proving why he's the better man. ;)

***

"Because I've seen you naked. I've seen you sweet. I've seen you unsure. And I've seen you riled, and seein' all that, I know, you were half a world away from me, I'd fuckin' phone."
...
"If you told me you needed a time-out, first, I wouldn't fuckin' let you have one. Second, I wouldn't give you a reason to fuckin' want one. And last, you took off anyway, I'd fuckin' phone."


*~*~*~*~*~*

Max *sigh*

"Hurry up. The food'll be here in a minute," he said when he let me go. 
I looked at the table, then at him. "We haven't ordered yet."
"Yeah, we have."
"I haven't even seen a menu!" I said, my voice raised.
"You're gettin' a buffalo burger with jack cheese and onion rings, just like me."
I shook my head, those short, jerky shakes, and I wasn't certain I'd ever really done that before but I seemed to do it a lot around Max.
"But--"
"You a vegetarian?"
"No."
"Then trust me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??