Monday, May 9, 2016

#ShelfLove Discussion ~ Literary Vacation

Bookworm Brandee

As part of the #ShelfLove Challenge, we have monthly discussion topics. May's topic is literary vacation.  


***
As some of y'all know, I've been lucky enough to do some literary-inspired traveling. ;) And I promise I'll have a few Travel by the Book posts soon. One place that's on my travel bucket list though is England. Some of my favorite works of literature are set in England...I did focus on British Lit for my English degree. ;) From Shakespeare to Jane Austen to Anthony Trollope to Virginia Woolf to Ian McEwan and J.K. Rowling, England is home to many, many brilliant author and is steeped in literary history. I'd love to see a play performed at The Globe Theater, travel the wilds of the country-side, walk along the Thames. I'd like the see Shropshire, the dramatic landscapes of Yorkshire - particularly the moors, and visit Stratford-upon-Avon. There are so, so many literary-inspired things to see and do in England. Someday...someday I'll get there. ;) Until then, I'll travel via books.

How about y'all? Where would y'all go for a literary-inspired vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??