Wednesday, August 3, 2016

#ShelfLove Discussion ~ My Reading Rituals

Bookworm Brandee

As part of the #ShelfLove Challenge, we have monthly discussion topics. August's topic is My Reading Rituals.  


***
When I first considered this topic, I thought, "Well, I don't really have a reading ritual." But as I pondered a little more, I realized I do have reading rituals - they're just dependent on the time of day and the season. ;)

No matter the time of year, if I'm reading in the morning, I'm drinking a cup of coffee. If it's warm out in the morning, meaning July or August, I'll read outside on the deck and watch the sun come up. During cooler times of the year, I'm either on the love seat in front of a fire OR in my library chair.




If I'm reading at any other time of the day, I'm either drinking coffee (hot or iced), raspberry lemonade, or water. The location doesn't change with the exception of outdoor reading, which might be done in an Adirondack chair under the shade of pine and fir trees rather than on my deck.



What about y'all? Do you have specific reading rituals? Particular things you eat or drink while reading? Particular places you sit with your books??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??