Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Beyond the Books ~ Ten Things You Always Wanted to Know About Me...


Welcome to Bookworm Brandee Beyond the Books. This post was inspired by Lexxie @Unconventional BookviewsUp Close and (Un)conventional, who was inspired by Cuddlebuggery. It's meant to be a way for y'all to get to know me better on a personal level ~ Beyond the Books. ;)


*************
...and were too afraid to ask. ;)


  • I have a degree in English Literature...and in Economics. I'd planned on going to law school but changed my mind. 
  • I'm an accomplished procrastinator. I come from a long line of procrastinators and I've ensured my legacy having progeny who also procrastinate exceedingly well.
  • I'm particular about my pens. Since I hand write my reviews as well as discussion posts, it's of special importance I have my favorite pens on hand. My favorite brand? Uniball Signo. I have them in every color.
  • Before I got married, I'd never:
    • owned a CD
    • owned a computer
    • traveled much outside the state of Texas
  • I became a coffee addict at the ripe old age of 40! I started drinking coffee in my hot chocolate, then moved to flavored creamer. Now I drink it black.
  • I'm originally from Texas (I've lived in Colorado for 18 years). I grew up with grandparents who farmed and spent a great deal of time around mud, animals, gardens, and snakes. And yet, I'd never owned a pair of cowboy boots until two years ago.
  • My grandma, mom, and I are all spaced 20 years apart, meaning my grandma is 86, my mom is 66, and I'll be 46 next month. I, however, broke the streak!
  • In my family, I've managed to get the 1/4 genetic possibilities (using simple Punnet squares)
    • green eyes - everyone else has blue or brown
    • poor eyesight - I was legally blind before I had Lasik
    • low blood pressure - they worry because it's so low
    • O Negative blood type
    • although not genetic, I'm the oddball liberal in a family full of conservatives
  • I talk to my cats...and myself. A lot. Especially myself. My kids laugh at me but, as I've told them repeatedly, sometimes I'm the only one who listens to me!
  • At one time I kept my hardback books pristine, never wanting to crease the spine, damage the dust jacket, fold a page... Now I've decided that having sticky tabs, notes in the margins, and *gasp* dog-eared pages is my way of showing my love for the book.
There you have it! Ten things you've always wanted to know...okay, maybe you didn't really know you wanted to know these things about me. But now you do. Thanks for listening reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??